Drum brake type MATEC G500 with external spring
Drum brake type "G"
According to DIN 15435
- Service brake
- Safety brake
- Emergency brake
- Drum brake MATEC type "G" are negative.
- The braking force is obtained by means of a spring that, through a suitable system of levers, transmits its amplified action to the braking pads.
- An electrohydraulic or pneumatic thrustor makes an opposite force to the spring, causing the pads to open, therefore the brake to release.
- The braking force of the linings against the drum can be modulated by adjusting the spring.
- The braking torque varies according to the spring setting.
- The brake may be supplied also without external adjustable spring but with inside “C” spring (foreseen to have the maximum brake torque).
- Base plate and vertical levers in spheroidal graphite cast iron.
- Horizontal levers in Fe 510.
- Pins and rod in steel C40 galvanized or manganese phosphated.
- Self-lubricating bushes on main joints.
- Light alloy drums with asbestos free bonded linings
- Friction coefficient µ=0,42
- Epoxy resin painting and RAL 3000 final colouring.
- Automatic wear compensation.(RG) automatically it provides to the brake opening adjustment function progressive wear of the brake linings.
- Larger drum (L) - 50% wider, recommended for heavy services where it is required a high heat dissipation capacity.
- Open brake indicator, either fitted on thrustor or on spring set (to be specified) (FCA)
- Linings max wear indicator (fitted on rod) (FCU).
- Brake manual opening lever (LSM)
- Stainless steel pins (INOX).
- MATEC type "M" electrohydraulic
- EMG type "ELDRO" electrohydraulic
- EMG type "ELTMA" electrohydraulic
- Pneumatic cylinder (upon request).
BRAKE SELECTION DATA
- Type of application
- Stops per hour
- Required braking torque
- Required voltage (standard 230/400V. – Hz. 50) or air pressure supply.
- Required optional
SHOE BRAKE CODE
- G= Drum brake according to DIN 15435 for thrustor type MATEC “M” – EMG “Eldro” – EMG “Eltma”
- 200-250-315-400-500 the same to the diameter of pulley or flexible coupling
- M22/50 - EB220-50 - ED23/5 ecc. = type of thrustor
- RG= automatic wear compensation
- FCU= linings max wear indicator
- FCA= open brake indicator
- L= wider shoe
- INOX= inox steel pins
- LSM= hand releaser lever
Diameter 200 Drum brake with thrustor M22/50 – automatic wear compensation – open brake indicator